Terms and conditions
1. Who are we
- Sales of goods in the products or special occasions section and cards and gift items in the ‘Christmas gift’ section of our shop are sold by BEA Trading Ltd. All other sales are from Epilepsy Action.
- Epilepsy Action is the working name of British Epilepsy Association. British Epilepsy Association is a Registered Charity in England (No. 234343) and a Company Limited by Guarantee (Registered in England No. 797997). Registered Office: New Anstey House, Gate Way Drive, Yeadon, Leeds LS19 7XY
- BEA Trading Ltd is a wholly-owned subsidiary of British Epilepsy Association, BEA Trading Ltd is a registered company (in England no. 02148035). Registered office: New Anstey House, Gate Way Drive, Yeadon, Leeds LS19 7XY, United Kingdom.
- All profits from the online shop will go towards supporting the work of Epilepsy Action.
- The Epilepsy Action online shop is covered by a disclaimer and protected by copyright laws.
2. Your responsibilities
- Please ensure you have read, understood and accepted our terms and conditions before placing your order. We are not able to proceed with your order until you have acknowledged these.
- When placing your order, ensure all addresses and contact details are clear, complete and accurate. We cannot be responsible for late or non-delivery where the delivery address is inaccurate or incomplete.
- On completion of your online order, you will be sent an acknowledgement email notifying you that your order has been received and processing will begin.
- Your order constitutes an offer to purchase the products from us. By completing and submitting the order you are making an offer to purchase the products selected which, if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract.
- All orders are subject to availability and are subject to acceptance by us. We will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the products have been dispatched, a confirmation e-mail. This confirmation e-mail will contain your order number, details of the products ordered, total cost of the products, delivery details etc.
- The contract between us will only relate to those products dispatched we have confirmed in the confirmation e-mail.
- The price you pay is the price displayed on this website at the time we receive your order, except in instances in which an error has occurred in displaying the price. Whilst we make every effort to ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of products you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the products, you will receive a full refund.
- Every care is taken to ensure that all descriptions on the website are correct. We try to show the colours of our products as accurately as possible.
- However, we cannot guarantee that goods will look the same due to product availability and the nature of digital images shown on different browsers and computer monitors.
5. Availability of goods
- Please order early to avoid disappointment as delivery is subject to availability. Under normal circumstances all goods on your order will be dispatched in full.
- If, however, an item is out of stock we will advise you by phone or email and endeavour to supply the item as soon as possible. Alternatively, our customer team will contact you to discuss a replacement or refund.
6. Risk and title
- The products will be at your risk from the time of delivery.
- Ownership of the products will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the products, including any delivery charges, or on the date when the products are delivered to you, whichever is the later.
- The following charges are for deliveries within the UK only.
- Charges for postage and packaging are calculated on the cost of your order minus items that aren't physical products: (such as donations or event places).
i) For orders costing up to £3.00: £0.99
ii) Orders up to £14.99: £2.30
iii) Orders up to £19.99: £3.99
iv) Orders over £20: free delivery
For delivery outside of the UK please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please allow up to 14 days for delivery.
8. Can I return my items?
- If you're not happy with your order, then please email us at email@example.com
- Your right to cancel an order for goods starts the moment you place your order and ends 14 days from the day you receive your goods.
- If your order consists of multiple goods, the 14 day period runs from when you get the last of the batch.
- This 14 day period is the time you have to decide whether to cancel. You then have a further 14 days to actually send the goods back.
- We'll refund in full if you cancel within 14 days of receiving your goods, or if the goods turn out to be faulty or different from those you ordered.
- Refunds are not available for personalised items unless they are faulty.
- Any refunds will be given within 14 days of us receiving the goods back, or you send us proof of having returned the goods (for example, a proof of postage receipt from the Post Office), whichever is the sooner.
- A deduction can be made if the value of the goods has been reduced as a result of you handling the goods more than was necessary.
9. Fundraising events
- Please see full terms and conditions for each fundraising event on the individual event page which can be found at epilepsy.org.uk/support-our-work/fundraising-events
10. Epilepsy events
- All event booking fees are non refundable.
- In the unlikely event we need to cancel an event we will refund in full.
- Children attending the event are the responsibility of the adult for the duration of the event.
11. Awareness training
- Payment of the fee is due within 7 days of confirmation of the booking with the trainer.
- If you cancel the training up to 48 hours before the session, we will refund in full.
- If you cancel within 48 hours of the session due to take place, we will charge a £75 administration fee.
- If you postpone within 48 hours of the session due to take place you may be subjected to an administration fee.
- In the unlikely event we need to cancel the session, rather than postpone, we will refund in full.
- At Epilepsy Action we are committed to protecting your privacy.
- We will collect information from you so that we can process orders and provide the best service possible. When you give us your credit card details, this information is treated securely.